Environmental Improvement Fund Grants
HRSD Environmental Improvement Fund GrantsRecipients of grants from HRSD's Environmental Improvement Fund have included:
- Elizabeth River Project for its River Information Center and educational materials
- Mattaponi Heritage Foundation for American shad restoration and water quality monitoring
- Portsmouth Public Library Foundation, Inc. for books to support the school system's environmental science curriculum
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science for their submerged aquatic vegetation program
- Virginia Living Museum for environmental education
- Virginia Water Environment Association (VWEA) for an environmental education program for engineering students at Virginia's colleges and universities.
At a minimum, these eligibility requirements must be met for grant funding:
- Only government agencies, nonprofit organizations, or educational institutions are eligible
- The project must benefit the receiving waterways or residents of the HRSD service area. Projects that benefit more than one HRSD locality are preferred
- Appropriate projects relate to environmental education or water quality improvements and must be compatible with the HRSD mission
For more information, contact Nancy Munnikhuysen, Chief of Communications, at email@example.com.